Delhi Police traced the origin of a edited video in Pakistan in which it was alleged that the Cabinet Security Committee meeting called for the withdrawal of all Sikh soldiers serving in the Indian military.
“The technical analysis showed that the accounts which were used to spread the malicious content were being used from Pakistan,” said a senior Delhi police official. IANS.
After the video surfaced on social media, it was verified by Delhi Police’s Intelligence Fusion and Strategic Operations (IFSO) unit, who discovered that the video had been edited and that a voiceover was bunk, in which the alleged people tried to show that the meeting was against the Sikh community.
DCP (Cyber Crime) KPS Malhotra had previously informed that in reality the video was shot the day a high-level committee informed Prime Minister Narendra Modi of the death of the Chief of the Defense Staff, General Bipin Rawat.
Also read: Not Just ‘Bulli Bai’: Mumbai Police Find Multiple Twitter IDs Used to ‘Divide’ Sikhs and Muslims
General Rawat died when a military helicopter crashed in the Nilgiri Hills of Tamil Nadu, killing 14 people on December 8, 2021.
Such an act of promoting discord or enmity between different groups on religious grounds is detrimental to the maintenance of harmony and may disturb public tranquility. It is also an offense under section 153A of the Indian Penal Code.
Time and time again, it has been noted that the origin of the anti-Indian content, disseminated on various social media platforms, came from across the Pakistani border.
During the mostly technical investigation, it was noticed that there were several accounts, which had tweeted the same video with the same content and the same hashtag.
“All accounts were created between October 2021 and December 2021. Technical analysis revealed that these accounts were operated from a single browser (developed by multilogin.com),” sources said.
Multilogin provides Mimic Browser and Stealthfox Browser, which have multiple session and private session functionality.
As a result of the preliminary investigation, around 46 Twitter accounts operated from Pakistan were blocked.
On December 21, the Union’s Ministry of Information and Broadcasting banned 20 YouTube channels and websites which, under orders issued at the time, were carrying out a concerted campaign of propaganda and disinformation against India. .
The channels were launched by The Naya Pakistan Group (NPG), which owns a network of YouTube channels with a combined subscriber base of at least 3.5 million. Their videos have had more than 550 million views, the ministry said.
The 20 channels banned by the Center included The Punch Line, International Web News, Khalsa TV, The Naked Truth, News 24, 48 news, Fictional Historical Facts, Punjab Viral, Naya Pakistan Global and Cover Story, among others.
Kashmir Global and Kashmir Watch were also among the banned websites.
Discover the latest videos from DH: